Summer is not over yet! Why not try something different for dessert and make this four-ingredient avocado ice cream.
I’ve made old school avocado ice candy and my favorite mashed avocados with powdered milk on top, but Amanda seems not to enjoy eating avocados raw since they taste bitter sometimes. So, I decided to prepare this ice cream for her, which was such a hit! Glad it was so easy to make.
Here’s the recipe.
- 2 medium sized avocados
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pit and peel the avocados.
- In a food processor or blender, combine avocado, honey, and lemon.
- Add in coconut milk. Blend everything well then freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
- Get the frozen mixture, return to food processor and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a loaf tin or airtight container, cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper pressing down onto surface of mixture. Freeze for another 4 hours before serving.
If you want a creamier version, you may add heavy cream instead, but I am making a toddler-approved ice cream here, so coconut milk is the way to go!
The lemon juice is optional, but I prefer to add it in because Amanda really likes it citrusy. If you are practicing Tamang KAIN, you may also substitute lemon juice with kalamansi or dayap.
This ice cream may be stored in the freezer for a month, but that’s not gonna happen in our household because this toddler can definitely finish a bowl in one go.
I hope you try this refreshing and healthy ice cream at home, let me know in the comments below.